Where is “The Perfect Place to Die”?
Aokigahara is a dark forest located in the shadow of Mount Fuji in Japan and surrounded by haunting memories of all those who have committed suicide here. It is also known as the Sea of Trees. So here are 12 creepy facts about this forest!
- Aokigahara is the second most popular location in the world known for its high number of suicides.
- The forest has a historical reputation as a home to yurei: ghosts of the dead in Japanese mythology. In recent years Aokigahara has become internationally known as the “Suicide Forest”.
- One step into this forest and you feel like all the spirits are surrounding you and the skeletons and skulls surely prove their existence.
- According to the Japanese spiritualists, the suicides committed in this location have filled the trees in the forest with negative energy, due to which a lot of paranormal activities have been recorded.
- This forest is also very beautiful with ice caves, soaring trees and a stunning view of Mount Fuji.
- The foliage in Aokigahara is so dense, that it is virtually impossible to see above it. The trees are high and crooked, meaning the sun can be virtually blocked out.
- The number of dead bodies that are found in this forest is shockingly high. Up to 105 bodies are found in the forest each year.
- While hanging is the method of suicide most commonly associated with trips to Aokigahara, it is not the only way people die there. The forest is the site of many self-induced poisonings and overdoses as well.
- Because of the density of the trees and the lava floor, the forest is surprisingly quiet. Many people claim that screams are virtually undetectable in the forest.
- Scavenging animals are not an uncommon sight in Aokigahara. Unfortunately, many suicide victims’ bodies are found by scavengers before they are discovered by forest workers.
- The forest is full of personal items left by people who committed suicide there.
- Aokigahara is full of signs suggesting people consider their loved ones or get help from a suicide prevention association before taking your life. For example, “Your life is a precious gift from your parents. Think about them and the rest of your family. You don’t have to suffer alone”.
270total visits,1visits today