In a religious context, sin is the act of transgression against divine law. Sin can also be viewed as any thought or action that endangers the ideal relationship between an individual and their God or Gods; or as any diversion from the perceived ideal order for human living. “To sin” has been defined from a Greek concordance as “to miss the mark”.
There are hundreds of Sins, but they have been narrowed down to just 10.
Many people don’t understand the 10 Commandments. It has been made clear that the commandments aren’t limited to actions, but search the thoughts of your mind and feelings of your heart. These are the 7 Deadly Sins:
- Lust – to have an intense desire or need: “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
- Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).
- Greed – excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).
- Laziness – disinclined to activity or exertion: not energetic or vigorous: “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19).
- Wrath – strong vengeful anger or indignation: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)
- Envy – painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage: “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2).
- Pride – quality or state of being proud – inordinate self esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).
So I’m off to Work to yell at my co-workers, then I’ll come home, kick back, have some Beers and Barbecue, glance over the Victoria’s Secret Catalog, watch a B Grade Cult Movie and do it all again tomorrow.
How many times did I Sin today?
1598total visits,1visits today