The mind of sinful man is death …; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
What is sinful nature? What kinds of strong desire does the sinful nature produce? What does the intense longing that comes from your sinful nature look like?
Here are 10 examples. You’ll recognize them immediately.
1. When you are blessed, the sinful nature produces pride: The sinful nature wants to take the credit.
2. When others succeed, the sinful nature produces envy: The sinful nature says, “It should have been me.”
3. When you do something good, the sinful nature is self-righteous: It says, “Look what I did!”
4. When you do something wrong, the sinful nature goes into denial: The sinful nature says, “It wasn’t me!”
5. When you suffer, the sinful nature indulges in self pity.
6. When you don’t get what you want, the sinful nature gets irritable, frustrated, and angry.
7. When your work is not recognized or appreciated, the sinful nature gets resentful.
8. When you are in a conflict the sinful nature produces self-justification: It says, “I’m right!”
9. When you hear about the love of God, the sinful nature produces unbelief: It will say, “That can’t be true!”
10. When you hear what the Bible says about sin, the sinful nature responds with evasion. Thinking about the sin of others do you think, “Well, I wouldn’t have done that. I’m better than that.” Guess where that comes from?
So, with that in mind – Have you Sinned Today?
1364total visits,1visits today